Sunday 28 October 2012

Liebster Award Nomination

YAY! *throws streamers alone* I have been nominated for the Liebster Award.

So the darling ladies at BOOKSSESED! have nominated me for the Liebster Award and my first reaction was: hooray!...what is that? So of course I asked the internet. And I found a blog post about how the Liebster is sort of chain mail for bloggers where you nominate blogs with less than 200 followers and they nominate five and those five nominate five and *I think* the purpose is to spread some love (and some recognition).

Liebster, in German, means 'Dearest' which I find very precious and sweet so I choose to believe that what I think of the Liebster award is correct. So, on to the task(s).


1) Thank and link back to the giver
2) Answer the award giver's questions
3) Nominate 5 other blogs that have fewer than 200 followers
4) Ask questions for one's nominees to answer.
5) Post the Liebster's Award Picture on your post.

Step One and Five is already complete (alright!)

Step Two
Reya and Allie's Questions:

1. Who is your favorite book heroine?

The first character that came to mind was from a book in my childhood and you know what? I'm sticking to it. One of my favourite books as a kid was 'Two Princesses of Bamarre' by Gail Carson Levine (same author who wrote Ella Enchanted). It's about two sisters who are completely opposite but basically end up in each other's shoes (it's way more magical and complicated than that but that's the basic idea). The strong, powerful sister, Meryl, falls ill with the Grey Death and her younger, meeker sister, Addie, must head off into the unknown in an attempt to save her and all the others affected by the illness. Not only is it a fantastic read but the characters are beloved. Addie in particular is thrust into this unknown world with dangers untold (and I just quoted Labyrinth, great) but she overcomes and she grows and she becomes stronger than her sister ever was. And she's only 12! 

2. Of the three which do you prefer:

Young Adult, New Adult, or Adult? In general, I like them all but lately I find myself leaning towards New Adult because that is where I am in my life (a New Adult, crazy). For those who don't know about New Adult (it's fairly new - I swear that was an accident - check out this article by Curiosity Quills). In particular I just bought a book called 'Losing It' by Cora Carmack and I've put it very high on my TBR list because it looks SO good.

3. What book would you like to be made into a movie?:


I'm going through the list of books I love in my head and I'm realizing that almost all of the ones that immediately come to mind are already movies (or TV series as is the case of the Nikki Heat series). But after I skim through my childhood I come across another book that I remember loving dearly. 'Stranger With My Face' by Lois Duncan. When I first became interested in reading back in my middle school years my mom gave me a bunch of her old books and among them were her Sweet Valley High Series, her Nancy Drew series and her collection of Lois Duncan books. I haven't read them in a while but I remember eating up anything by Lois Duncan and this one in particular was pretty spectacular. I've already taken way too long to answer this question so for a synopsis of the book check it out on GoodReads.

4. Who is your favorite book character ever? Bad guy, good guy, frog, horse, you name it.

That is a REALLY hard question to answer. But I have to go with.... Peter Pan created by J. M. Barrie. First of all the story of Peter Pan is one of my favourites of all time. I eat up anything I can get my hands on - which is a lot. I feel like one day I'm going to go crazy and write a paper on the inner workings of the boy who refused to grow up and fought in the battle against adulthood and both won and lost. But I can say that I love him because he's neither a good guy nor a bad guy, he's literally just a boy with flaws up to his ears and a charmingly selfish disposition that endears and repels little girls to boys their own age.

5. What do you like most about blogging?

Sure, this is the question I can't answer. Pfft. Well, this blog is really new but I'm enjoying connecting with other bloggers and writers and definitely getting to just talk about what I like and don't like - basically I just like being heard - even if it's from a smaller audience. 

Step Three: Okay my nominees are as follows;
1) Cora Carmack Books
2) Fringe Dweller
3) The Last Krystallos

They are all awesometastic writers so check them out (in any sense of the word you chose to take it)

Step Four: Now my questions for my lovely victims- I mean nominess;
1) What is your favourite genre to read/write (are they different)?
2) What was your favourite book as a child?
3) If you could be any fictional heroine who would you be?
4) Why/how did you start blogging
5) Why do you write?

I don't know about you, but I am really looking forward to their answers. Thanks again to Reya and Allie


No comments:

Post a Comment