Monday 29 October 2012

Monday Fables #5: If You Could Only Know

Happy Monday everyone, I'm back with another Monday Fable. This week I'm going to be trying something knew - not just for the short story.

I'm going to start talking about other things on the blog like books and writing tips and crazy random stuff that comes up along the way. So starting wednesdays I'm going to be talking about books - books I've read, books I'm looking forward to, Author Interviews etc.

Fridays, I'm going to be talking about writing - not necessarily my writing - but tips and articles that I've stumbled across that I think deserve a read through. The next four fridays, however, are going to be devoted to NaNoWriMo because that starts on Thursday (yikes). If you don't know what that is check out all the details here and you can be my buddy here.

This week's fable isn't a song at all actually, it's a Spoken Word or Poem (it's described as both) by the gloriously macabre Emilie Autumn. So instead of writing a story, I wrote a little poem/spoken word piece. It's called 'I Don't Believe You'.



If You Could Only Know - Emlie Autumn

If you could only know
The hurt I feel each time
I think of you, you might
Begin to understand
What makes a faerie cry
You couldn't quite believe
The reasons I would give
If you asked to be told
The nature of my tears
And so I told you why
If you could only know
How many times each day
I picture in my mind
The look upon your face
When you begin to laugh
Or how your eyes look sad
The softness of your hair
The beauty of your soul
And whatever I am
You are the other half
I cannot comprehend
How I could recognize
The one I've waited for
The instant that we met
And have known since that day
While you are truly fond
And care I do believe
But would not take the chance
That alters suns and moons
And gave your heart away
If you could only know
How precious you've become
How all that I create
You still inspire so
You may begin to see
That I might be the one
For whom you were brought back
But if you never know
The chance will pass us by
And love will never be

I Don't Believe You
When you say to me
“Darling I love you, come to me”
I don’t believe a word you say
Because while I was standing in the shadows
Waiting kindly for my turn
To hold your hand
I wondered to myself
Who it was standing behind me
Waiting kindly for their turn
Your actions spoke to me while I slept
And I wondered out loud how long it would last
The smile on your face that invited me in
So I count the days that you hold my hand
And let me kiss your lips
And when you say “I love you”
I wisely say it back
For when the doors close tight behind me
I wonder what it is you’re hiding
Until the girl in the front of the line smiles back
A darkness I’ve never seen
I smile and shove her off the cliff
And sweetly take your hand in mine
Forget the lies I know you told
Forget the girl who stands behind me
Waiting kindly for her turn
It comes one night while you are sleeping
I slip through the cracks in the door
And find myself dangling off the edge of a cliff
While the girl who was standing behind me
Waiting kindly for her turn
Slips silently into my bed
So when you say to me
“Darling I love you”
I don’t believe a word you say
I step out of line and smile to you
Walk out the door while she takes your hand
And frowns at my insanity

No comments:

Post a Comment