Monday 29 July 2013

26k in 26 days and an Update on Fiction

So it's not NaNoWriMo level but it's certainly the most I've ever written in one month. Less than a month, really. From July 1st to July 26th I wrote approximately 1,000 words per day as part of a fan fiction series called "Rule 12" for the tv show NCIS. The prompts used for each scene were words in Hebrew and they ranged from cheesy comedy to fits of depression that were actually pretty hard to write. I'm proud of myself - I am - it was a little reminder that I can, in fact, do this writing thing. Plus the whole 'write every day' thing might not be a load of bollox after all.

Who knew?

Anyways, if you want to read all 26 stories then just click the link below and I'll see you tomorrow with a new short story that is fan fiction in a different way.

Rule 12

It doesn't have to be posted online in a forum setting to be fan fiction. Anything based on another piece of work is technically fan fiction. One of my favourite examples is Wicked.


It's the origin story of the Wicked Witch of the West from the Wizard of Oz...not written by L.F. Baum. FAN FICTION!

The story I'm posting tomorrow has been stewing around in my brain for a while now and I'm a little nervous about writing it. I haven't done that macabre-style for a little while and I miss it dearly.

We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment