Wednesday 13 May 2015

Your Mid-Week Update for 05/13/15

Sleep is very important. I'm really not getting enough of it.

It’s the break in routine that’s throwing me off. James sleeping on the couch and ignoring me is messing with the circadian rhythm of my precisely laid out plans. Namely: Sleep. I haven’t been able to sleep for the last week or so and I’m just tired all the time, now.

Although I'm finding that late night/early morning murders are really fun. That added bonus of delirium heightens the senses. You can get so much done at 2am on a Monday. I’ve got two more murders under my belt this week and I’m sure I’ll find more.

Plus I got really bored and I revamped my blog. Like the new colours?

Yeah, yeah, no comment.

Anyways.

When I wake up and can’t get back to sleep, I’ve taken to wandering around the neighbourhood. “But it’s dangerous” you say “there are killers on the streets at night.”

Duh.

The people who wander late at night are easy targets. They think they’re safe because they’re alone in the silence despite every horror movie to the contrary. They think they’re smarter than fiction. So they put their guard down. All it takes is a flick of the wrist, or a slight acceleration on the pedal.

My last five kills have all been vehicular related. I suppose it takes a bit to rediscover the muse, as it were; find my creativity again. At least I'm killing for pleasure. I’m not going to beat myself up about my recovery. I think that might be counter-intuitive.

The next day after a sleepless murder night is torture, of course. My body likes to take revenge on me for my late night sessions and falls sleep in ridiculous times and places.

Monday, I fell asleep on the kitchen counter in my bowl of pasta. Thank god it wasn't spaghetti. That would just be a horrible cliché. Now it's just a mediocre cliché.

I also fell asleep at my desk later that night. When I woke up, there was a blanket around me. At least there's that.

James slept in the bed with me last night. I think it was to make sure I slept. But he stayed. He hasn't forgiven me but he will. I'll make him. Last night was the best sleep I’ve had in weeks; I’m not giving that up.

Really nothing else has changed. I’m back to murder, family drama, and work. That’s all there is.

Maybe I’ll have something interesting to tell you next week.

Wish me luck.

As always, dear readers,

Stay Safe

No comments:

Post a Comment