Wednesday 28 June 2017

Your Mid-Week Update for 06/28/17

Well it worked. I ran over a mailman – which is slightly inconvenient but effective. The next day, the city was there fixing the lights. After the police cleared out of course. It proves the working theory that real change doesn’t happen until you take action. That is by no means a suggestion to start a revolution but I find, dear readers, that you have to take what you want. A life, a new job, infrastructural change, you have to make it happen.

This is a very motivational post – which is apparently my thing right now – but I mean it.

I’ve even been trying to implement my new positive attitude at work. I took Heather out to lunch on Friday, just to check in with her. I know living at home and dealing with her ex-husband’s brutal murder – by her – hasn’t been easy but she seems to be all right. We had a nice chat, caught up on work gossip, the usual stuff. But then she asked me: “so who have you killed lately?” And you know what? I told her about the mailman. It felt good to talk to someone about my life – other than you, my dear readers – without fear of repercussions. James hasn’t been there lately. He’s been around but we haven’t talked about our day in weeks. I know we’ve both been busy and we’ve absolutely had conversations but not once this month have we stopped to take an interest in each other. I’m overthinking things, obviously, but when I sit down once a week and think about what’s been happening I start to notice patterns. I’ve also noticed that change is slow.

So I say, keep moving forward, keep learning, act out.

But don’t rebel. That always gets messy.

As always, dear readers,


Stay Safe

No comments:

Post a Comment